I don’t want to sound over dramatic here, but this recipe is amazing! AMAZING! As I was paying for groceries one day, the cashier commented on the spaghetti squash I was buying. She said, “Oh, are you going to eat this with bacon?” I wasn’t, but then my mind started working. Working on something delicious…
I’m sure recipes like this are already out there, but if you haven’t tried this yet, you must! It’s also a great way to introduce spaghetti squash to your kiddos if you don’t think they’ll like it. Bacon makes everything wonderful. Who doesn’t like bacon? 🙂
- 6-7 Strips of Bacon
- Ground Sausage
- Celery (optional, but it’s yummy)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Alfredo Sauce (Get the recipe here!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the spaghetti squash and place in the oven on a baking sheet. Cook until very lightly browned and the squash becomes stringy and easy to pull apart with a fork.
3. Cook the bacon however you prefer. I bake mine in the oven on a baking sheet. Less mess! Chop the cooked bacon.
4. Dice the onion and celery. In a pan, saute the onions and celery in a few tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Add the sausage and cook thoroughly.
6. Combine the bacon with the sausage mixture.
7. Plate it! Put spaghetti squash on a plate and spoon some of the sausage and bacon mixture on top. Drizzle Alfredo sauce on top. Add a yummy veggie and enjoy!