Despite our dairy allergies, this Alfredo sauce receives a unanimous thumbs up in our house. So, here’s a fantastic recipe for you.
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
1. Begin by melting the butter in a sauce pan.
2. Chop the garlic and add it to the butter. Saute the garlic until it’s tender.
3. Add salt and pepper.
4. Pour the cream into the pan and mix together. Allow the cream to heat while stirring slowly over medium heat for 2 minutes.
5. Add the cheese and wisk to blend with the cream mixture.
6. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. The sauce should thicken as it cooks.
7. Pour it over your favorite pasta or spaghetti squash…and absolutely, under every circumstance each some right out of the pan.