I found a fantastic recipe for deodorant. It’s very simple and works great! If you’ve made deodorant then you know just how easy and fun it can be. My favorite part about making this is that I know what ingredients are in it and none of them include chemicals! We have gotten away from deodorants that include aluminum, but there are still lots of other ingredients that I’m unsure of and I’ll be honest, making things that go on or in our bodies is important to us. Laelia helped me today. She has been such a good helper in the kitchen lately.
- 1/4 cup Baking Soda (absorbs odor)
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch (absorbs moisture)
- 2-4 T Coconut Oil (this contains antibacterial properties)
- 6-10 drops of Lavender Essential Oils (Optional, but great for your skin! Helps with rashes.)
- Mixing bowl
- 1/4 measuring cup
- Table spoon
- Spoon for mixing
- Deodorant container or storage container
Mix together in a bowl the baking soda and corn starch. Add coconut oil (a little at a time until you get the desired consistency) and lavender to the mixture. I poured my deodorant into an empty (and clean) deodorant container. I had a little left over that I placed in a bowl. After pouring it into the container, I placed it in the refrigerator to help it set quickly. A few hours later, I applied it and it went on perfectly smooth. It smells good and I stayed fresh.