When I try a new, healthy recipe and it turns out to be a home run, I get so excited! Tonight that was what happened. It turned out to be so good that my kids thanked me all through dinner for making it! I think that’s only ever happened a few times. We all loved this recipe for these baked veggies, so I thought I’d share it. I saw a picture of this on Pinterest. I have no idea how the original recipe was made. I just saw the veggies that were in the picture and I decided to create something based on the picture.
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 3 Medium Potatoes
- Tuscan Italian Dressing
- Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice all the veggies. I sliced mine about 1/8″ thick.
3. Layer the veggies in a baking dish.
4. Mince the 5 cloves of garlic. I had planned to mince, but it ended up in the middle of dicing and mincing. Sprinkle the garlic on top of the veggies.
5. Drizzle delicious Tuscan Italian dressing (I used the Annie’s brand to keep our meal organic and chemical free) over the veggies.
6. Drizzle Olive or Coconut oil on the veggies.
7. Bake covered for 45-60 minutes at 350 degrees. This Veggie Bake was the side to some delicious Rosemary Chicken (with fresh rosemary right from our herb garden). So yummy!
8. While it’s baking, prepare your “You’re Welcome” speech to all those grateful taste testers you are cooking for. Mine included, “No, this is all we have. I’m so sorry I didn’t make enough for everyone to have seconds. I definitely will next time.” I ended up not eating all of mine in order to appease my grateful eaters’ desires for second helpings. It’s okay though. After the kids fell asleep, I baked a nice batch of brownies that I am currently enjoying. 😉