But not just any peanut butter granola. No. No. This is the BEST peanut butter granola I have ever eaten. I guess I really can’t say I’ve tried all that many kinds of PB granola, but it doesn’t matter. This is so good that I crave it. And I’m pretty sure I’d crave it even if I wasn’t pregnant. It’s that good. It’s also oh-so-easy to make. Now, because of the oh-so-good factor and the oh-so-easy to make factor, I have to share it with you. And you should share it too!
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
I found a similar recipe online, but I must’ve forgotten to save it because when I went back to look it up and make it, I couldn’t find it. So, I hunted down other recipes, put together what I thought looked great to me, and bam! This little beauty was born.
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
3. Add in the almonds and sunflower seeds.
5. Lay parchment paper onto a baking sheet and spread the oat mixture onto it.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes or until you notice it browning nicely. Be sure to turn the oats every 5 minutes or so. You don’t want them to burn and oats burn so easily. I kept mine on the top rack, but I have issues with the bottom rack and things getting burned, so a lot of it is knowing the temperament of your oven. 🙂 As you turn them, you will notice the PB getting less sticky and more crumbly. Mmm…
7. Remove when they are ready. They might not seem completely crunchy when you pull them out, but they will continue to harden a bit after coming out of the oven. Allow them to cool thoroughly before adding in your chocolate chips. They will melt, which can be yummy, but then you’re looking at more of a granola ball situation instead of just a nice crumbly granola. I put my granola out on a couple of plates and put it in the freezer for a while to allow it to cool quickly, but you might be much more patient than I am. The first time I put my chips in too quickly and things got a little melty…but still oh-so-good!