In our house, we make the occasional batch of homemade French fries. They are fantastic! Recently, I decided to give making potato chips a try. They were so easy to make!
- First, I started heating my oil. I don’t have a fryer, although this may be an easier way to go. I had one that someone didn’t want, but I didn’t feel like storing it, so it went to the thrift store. The only time I usually fry is when I make French fries anyway, so a pot and oil is good enough for me.
- Next, I sliced my potatoes. The thinner the better it seems, especially when it comes to having them all finish cooking at the same time.
- Cook them until they are crispy.
- When they finish, scoop them out and let them stand on a layer or two of paper towels to absorb the oil.
- Salt or season while they are still wet so the seasoning sticks. I found a fabulous BBQ seasoning that we all loved by KC Masterpiece.
- Enjoy! Ours were gone in a few minutes and I’m sure yours will go just as fast.