ATTENTION! I have an extremely important announcement to make! I have uncovered a recipe for the best brownies on the planet. I’m not kidding even a little bit. I am a fan of fudgey brownies (fan is an understatement). If you are planning to hand me a cakey brownie, you can know that the whole time I’m eating it (which I will do because it would be rude not to ) I’ll be wishing it was fudgey. And now that I’ve had this particular recipe, I’ll be wishing it was a brownie made entirely from this recipe. Also, from here on during this post, I’ll be posing as a food critic.
I have 3 favorite desserts: brownies, ice cream, and cannolis. Brownies from a box, when cooked perfectly (which is all in the mouth of the beholder), are in my opinion always lacking in some area. Fudgey brownies (from a box), while pretty good, never seem to be quite right in flavor. They are typically dense and very oily. We won’t even discuss cake brownies because my opinion on them is that I should just eat cake…which is also very delicious (when baked properly).
I was on a mission to find the perfect brownie recipe, when I stumbled on the perfect brownie recipe on a lovely lady’s blog. I believe this woman entitled her post about this recipe, “Perfect Brownies.” She’s absolutely right. I don’t know where this wonderful lady got her recipe, but I give it 5 stars!
Okay, okay. Don’t beg! I’ll share it with you, of course…the recipe. Not my brownies. Hands off!
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon (3 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi sweet)
1. Preheat oven to 350*F and lightly grease a 9″x13″ pan.
2. In a large bowl, add 4 eggs, and beat with cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
3. Melt the butter. Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl.
4. Add warm butter/sugar mixture to the egg/cocoa mixture, stiring until smooth. Make sure the butter mixture is warm, but not too hot, or it will scramble your eggs.
5. Add the flour and chocolate chips to batter and stir until fully incorporated.
6. Spread batter into prepared pan, and smooth as needed.
7. Bake brownies about 30 minutes.
8. Share only a little bit and keep the rest for yourself! ;)